Thursday 20 October 2011

Dangerous minds

PART 1. THE STORY

1. Who are the main characters in the film?

Louanne Johnson, Emilio Ramírez, Raúl, Hal and Callie

2. Why does Lou Anne accept the job?

Because, she needed to won some money.

3. Is Lou Anne getting the student's attention? How?

She tried to motivated their attention giving to all of them an A grade at the beginning of the year, and the only thing they have to do was kept this note.

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS:
1. Are the students learning poetry?How?

Yes, because LouAnne rewards the students liberally, using candy bars, reward incentives, and a trip to a theme park

2. What's the prize for the contest?
For the best poems the prize was going to have dinner in the best restaurant of the city.

3. Whoa are the winners?

Raúl, Camila and Durrell

4. Who's finally going?
At the finally only went Raúl.

5. What do they have for dinner?
They had chicken for dinner.

6. What's Raul's problem?

He bought a new jacket on the street and it cost $200. He had to pay the jacket until Friday, but he hadn't got enough money to paid it. His intention was to don't go to the school the next 2 days for win the money and pay the jacket before the limit day.

7. What's Lou Anne's offer?

She offers to him the $200 for pay the jacket, but with one condition he had to get the graduate certificate.
6. What's Callie's problem?

She was pregnant and her intention was to left the high-school at the halfway through the semester.

7. What's Emilio's problem?

Boy who is frequently involved in a criminals band on the streets. He wanted to kill Emilio because he was with his ex-girlfriend.

8. How is Lou Anne helping Callie?

She met her outside of school hours to try to persuade her to continue with further education.

9. How is Lou Anne helping Emilio?

Tries to encourage him to focus by paying a special visit to his family to congratulate him on his work, and going to dinner with him as a way of instilling confidence and self-respect.

10. Is Emilio asking for help to the principal?

No, because he's intention was to kill first that guy.

11. What happens to Emilio?

In the morning he left Lou Anne house, to tell to the principal his problem but he didn't knock the door and the principal didn't help him. Afterwards he went to the street, and that criminal guy finally killed him, with a gun shoot.

12. Is Lou Anne leaving the job? Why?

At the end of the year, she announces to the class that she will not be continuing to teach at the school, which prompts an unbridled display of emotion from the students who refuse to let her leave. Overwhelmed, she reconsiders the decision.

More questions:

PART 2: THE SONG: GANSGTA'S PARADISE
WHAT'S THE SONG ABOUT?
The song is about the people have been spending most their lives, living in Gansgta's paradise.

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I take a look at my life and realize nothing’s left
Cause I’ve been blasting and laughing so long that even
My mama thinks my minds gone but I ain’t never crossed
A man that didn’t deserve it.
Me be treated like a punk, you never unheard of
You better watch how you’re talking and where you’re walking
Or you and your homies might lined the chalked

I really hate the trip but I gotta loc
As the croak I see myself in the pistol smoke
Fool! I’m the kinda g that little homies wanna be like
All my knees in the night
Saying prayers in the street light..

( chorus )
Been spending most of our lives living in the gangsta’s paradise (x2)
Keep spending most of our lives living in the gangsta’s paradise (x2)

Look at the situation, they got me facing
I can never live a normal life, I was raised by the stripes
So I gotta be down with the hood team
Too much television watching got me chasing dreams
I’m a educated fool with money on my mind
Got my tin in my hand and a gleam in my eye
I’m a loc’d gangsta set trippin banger
And my homies is down so don’t arouse my anger
Fool! death ain’t nothing but a heartbeat away
I’m living life, do or die what can I say
I’m twenty-three now , will I ever see twenty-four
The way things are going I don’t know

Tell me why are we so blind to see
That the ones we hurt are you and me
( chorus )

Power in the money , money in the power
Minute after minute, hour after hour
Everybodys running but half ain’t looking
What’s going on in the kitchen but don’t know what’s cookin’
They say I gotta learn but nobody’s here to teach me
I guess they can’t , I guess they won’t , I guess they fornt
That’s why my life is outta love fool !

(chorus )
Tell me why are we so blind to see
That the ones we hurt are you and me ( x2 )



PART 3:ROLE-PLAY/PODCAST A SCENE YOU LIKE

Cris: Hi

Clàudia: Hi

Cris: Hi. The chef is featuring foie gras with smoked duck and figs on a hill of bulgar.Uh, salmon tartar in potato gaufrette... over wild mushrooms, and fennel salad. Uh, for the entree we're featuring... a complex shellfish|pan roast with orso, a touch of comfit and a broth thickened with lobster shell oil. All very, very good.

Clàudia: Could we have a few minutes, please?

Cris Ah, yes.

Clàudia: Thank you.

Gemma:: Are you sure they got chicken?

Clàudia: Yes. Here. See, it's right there,sweetie. You see? Poulet. And when the waiter comes back, you may as well talk to him. lt'll be good practice for your summer job interviews.

Gemma::I can't talk to that guy. He probably thinks I'm weird or something.C:He does not. He can't help but notice your natural charm. You just look him straight in the eye and you talk to him like you would anyone else.

Clàudia: OK







PART 4: WRITING:GIVING YOUR OPINION
30% students in Catalonia don't get ESO Certificate.
Is our educational system being effective enough?
Are students working hard enough?
Are parents helping in the educational process?
What's the average in your class?
Where's the problem? have you got any suggestions?

Well the people who want to graduate certificate works hart to get it. But there're a lot of people who go to the school because in my country, it's compulsory to go to school for everyone until you're 16 years old. After that when you're sixteen you choos about if you want to follow or leave the studies. And a lot of young people got to the school and don't do anything. They don't get the graduate. In that case I think that schools have to be harder.

Some parents don't help, give support or encourage enough their sons and daughters to follow their studies, and get good marks, and finally get the graduate of EO.

The average of my class is very high I think. THe people work and do their homework maybe the averge is a 7.5.

We're very yound and se have a lot of things to do like chatting with friends, practise soprts... And sometimes we don't care about our studies, but now its very difficult to find some job after getting the graduate. We must give al for graduating and after that going to Universiti and finally have a great laboral future.


No comments:

Post a Comment