Thursday 12 January 2012

The First Knight

FILM 4: THE FIRST KNIGHT

Centuries ago a great king lived and fought in Britain. The story of this king is one of the world's most favorite legends. This time we're learning about the adventurous world of King Arthur and the knights of the Round Table.


1. What is a legend?


A legend is a very old story or set of stories from ancient time. It's a narrative that people tell as a true story. Sometimes the details are difficult to confirm, but usually the story names people and identifies locations. The person telling the story, usally their heard it from someone who knows someone who heard it from someone who was really there... They often involve supernatural or religious elements.




2. Was King Arthur only legend?

We don't have a lot of proves that this story its real, but we've papers, writings, books... Of the olds times that say there was a King, with a similar life, like the King Arthur legend.

3. What is a knight?

a man given a rank of honor by a British king or queen because of his special achievements, and who has the right to be called 'Sir', or (in the past) a man of high social position trained to fight as a soldier on a horse.




THE STORY

A. CHOOSE A CHARACTER: Merlin, Lancelot, Lady Guinevere..
explain the story

Hello ,my name is Lancelot. I was a vagabond and skilled swordsman, dueling in small villages for money. I didn't have family, my parents died during a war when I was really young. This is why I don't care, and I'm not scared of the death. One day I was dueling in a town, when Malagant, and his soldiers came and they started to kill the people.


I was in the forest while I saw that they wanted to kidnap Lady Guinevere's. I protected her and after that I went to Leonesse, where the King Arthur offered me to be a member of the round table: a Knight.


One day I was in my bedroom, and I saw someone kidnap the princess with a boat, I went and followed them, through the fores. After riding the horse for a long time I saw pieces of the princess dress, and I could arrive to the cave where they hide Lady Guinevere's. I found her, and we could get out of there and return to the castle without more damage.

In her room we kissed me but in that moment the King entered into the room and he saw us.

He was really angry. We were in the square of the town, when Malagant irrupted. He started killing people, and he killed the King too. Before he died, he forgave us. He let me marry Lady Guinevere's and invited me to be the new King of Leonesse.






No comments:

Post a Comment